Creating a single order form from multiple drop down boxes

Pgrable

I have several questions regarding drop down boxes and order forms. Basically, I have created (7) drop down boxes that may have anywhere from (10) to (200) items to pick from. What I would like to do is on any of the drop down box selected items have that selected item appear on a separate sheet which would create a line by line order form. How do I have Excel start at A1 on the Order Sheet and continue to fill in each cell after A1 regardless of the drop down box or item selected?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Re: Creating a single order form from multiple drop down box

We'll need more explanation, I think.

So, you have a couple hundred items?
What are the 7 boxes? Types of items?

If so, then likely you just need to do a vlookup to your table of products. Vlookup is explained in detail, along with a sample file, here:

http://www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm#TheDreadedVlookup

Upvote 0

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question for more information, I have (7) drop down boxes where each is a separate category. In this particular case, the categories are Glue, Bolts, Screws, Cleaners, Boxes, Blades and Wrenches. Each of the seven individual categories may have as many as 200 items or as little as 10. For example, under the Bolt drop down box I have 200 different types of bolts ranging in sizes and type but in the Glue category I only have two. From the (7) category drop down boxes I may be picking (2) types of glues, (5) types of Cleaners and (15) types of bolts. I would like to go through each of the categories, if needed, and pick the separate items but have them listed on a separate sheet starting at A1 and continuing down the A column until my 'order' is finished. I hope to have something that looks like this:

A1 on sheet #2

Glue #1
Glue #2
Cleaner #1
Cleaner #2
Cleaner #3
ETC

All generated from my 7 category drop down boxes located on sheet #1.

Does that help narrow it down?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Pgrable said:
Does that help narrow it down?
It helps narrow it down a little but not totally. Dreamboat asked what the drop down boxes were and you only told her what is in them, which is a start. You need to tell us what you mean by "drop down box". Is this data validation? Forms ComboBox? Forms ListBox? ActiveX toolbar ComboBox on the sheet? ActiveX ListBox on the sheet? Userform ListBox? UserForm ComboBox? Pick From List? Or something else?

If the drop downs are not data validation, then the name(s) of the drop down control(s) would be useful too (example, "ComboBox 1", or whatever). In design mode, you can double click the control to see its name in the worksheet module if it's a control on the sheet.

Also, the version of Excel you are using would be good to know in this case because it might affect what events would be recognized by Excel, especially if you are using 97.

And of course the other info that is always useful is cells, ranges, worksheet names, etc. The more info you provide about your workbook, the more specific and helpful the solutions can be that you receive.

Upvote 0

I'm still a newbie to Excel so I'll try to describe it as best as I can. I'm working with Excel 97. I believe I created the drop down boxes through the Combo Box icon. I have (7) Combo Boxes all in the same column as drop down boxes but cell referenced in different columns; ie, category drop down box "Glue" is in column H. Here is an example of what I was trying to do:=INDEX(H1:H20,G1,0). I need to go through each of the (7) drop down boxes and pick from a list of items and 'assemble' them in (1) column on another sheet creating more a less an order form. My (7) dropdown boxes are in cells c3:c10 and the 'selected' item from the list shows up in A1 on sheet 2. How do I get any selected item from any of the drop down boxes to not only start in A1 but fill the A column?

How this gives you more information. I certainly appreciate the help!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back